Q: What is Dark Throne?
A: Dark Throne is a turn-based massively multiplayer online fantasy game you can play right through your web browser. Sign up as Humans, Undead, Elves, or Goblins and fight other players as you try to take control of the throne.
Q: What is the objective of the game?
A: To build the largest town in terms of winning attacks, gaining citizens, and building a Kingdom.
Q: How do I play?
A: A game guide will be released when the full version of Dark Throne launches, but browse below to find out some basic questions regarding gameplay.
Q: What are the system requirements for Dark Throne?
A: Dark Throne is played through your web browser. There is no downloading required. Dark Throne plays best on a broadband connection and in 1024x768 resolution with Internet Explorer 5 or better, but will be playable on any resolution and internet connection.
Q: Can I play from any PC?
A: Yes, you can access your Dark Throne account from any PC.
Q: Do I have to pay to play?
A: No, Dark Throne is free for everyone.
Q: Will prizes be offered to high ranked and active players?
A: Yes, we will be giving prizes away monthly to random active and high ranked players. Prizes will range from DVD's and PC/Console Games to Video Cards, PC's, and TV's.
Below are a few sections from our game guide that may be of interest and will give a basic overview of the game. The full players guide will be released when the beta version of the game is launched.
Q: What is the difference between each race?
A: The four races give each player a different 5% bonus in different categories.
Q: What is the difference between each sub class
- Humans provide a 5% bonus in the Attack category
- Goblins provide a 5% bonus in the Defense category.
- Undead are given a 5% recruiting and casualty bonus.
- Elves are given a 5% intelligence bonus.
A: Each subclass is available for every race and gives an additional bonus.
Q: What kinds of buildings will be available for me to purchase?
- Fighters receive an extra 5% Attack bonus.
- Cleric's receive an extra 5% Defensive bonus.
- Theives receive an extra 5% bonus to their Intelligence.
- Assassins receive an extra 5% income bonus.
A: As you progress in the game, you will have the ability to upgrade your town's structures, turning it from the small town it started as into a kingdom.
Q: How are players ranked?
- The Attack Structure upgrades the effectiveness of a players Attack Trained men and how well they use weapons by 10% each time a player upgrades.
- The Defense Structure upgrades the fortification of your town and allows you to upgrade your housing.
- The Intelligence Structure will upgrade how well your spies are trained and add 25% to a player's Spy Offense/Spy Defense.
- Mining allows players to increase their gold per turn by training miners and enlarging their bank.
A: Players are ranked by the amount of XP or experience that they have received.
Q: How do I obtain XP?
A: You get a certain amount of XP for adding to your Attack, Defense, Spy Offense, and Spy Defense in addition to gaining XP from winning attacks.
Q: Are there plans for expansions and updates to Dark Throne on a regular basis?
A: Yes, we plan on making Dark Throne very story driven. As time goes on, more of the story will unravel and new features will be introduced. We plan on making monthly publishes with new content. Here are just a few of our plans for upcoming expansions and publishes:
Q: How will bug fixes and support for the game community be handled?
- A new magic slot which will allow players to train mages as well as equip soldiers with magical potions, armor, and weapons. Only the most resourceful players will be able to unlock this magic slot.
- Singleplayer Adventures which will give players unique items, treasure, and other bonuses.
- And much, much more!
A: We have full time staff ready to address bug issues in the game. As soon as issues are known or reported, be assured that we are working on fixing them. Our goal is to make sure everyone has the best experience possible.
As for support for the game community, we already will have a basic in game alliance system in beta. This will allow you and your friends to create your own alliance mini site in Dark Throne. For the full version of Dark Throne we plan on expanding upon this as well as supporting those that wish to make fan or strategy websites.
Look for more information and our full game guide to be released in the coming weeks…